Pre-Season week 2 is in the books and as usual there are plenty of surprises, risers and fallers this week. Let’s get right to our dynasty notes for this week, in no particular order:
- I’m a Dolphin fan and watched the Dallas game this week. Three players stood out, Alfred Morris, Kenny Stills and Dak Prescott. While Morris is no more than a handcuff, it’s clear if Elliot struggles with injury this year Morris is a very capable backup, you should roster him just in case. Prescott has a ways to go but clearly is picking up this NFL thing pretty well, from a dynasty perspective I would pick him up in the fourth round and hold him a few years, he may be worth the wait. Finally, Kenny Stills showed signs of life this week. He had 2 TDs and a 55 yard pass and it’s clear that Adam Gase will utilize the tools available to him this year. Stills is an under the radar WR2/3 that is easy to roster.
- Tajae Sharpe continues his ascension and it’s quite possible you may not even get him for a third round pick if you haven’t drafted yet. Get him if you can, but don’t expect miracles either, he was a 5th round pick and does not have plus athleticism. Locking up a starting position is HUGE, but being fantasy relevant your rookie year is an entirely different thing.
- All kinds of craziness is breaking out in Buffalo’s backfield. McCoy will be the stud no doubt, but behind him when Karlos Williams was the odds on favorite for backup duties, he’s now been released. Mike Gillislee slotted into the number 2 role and promptly got a concussion this week. Jonathan Williams, DWI or not, is starting to ascend…
- If you’re interested in my take of the Broncos QB battle…flip a coin and which ever one wins, don’t put him on your roster.
- Derrick Henry looked good this week against Carolina. I don’t care what anyone thinks about Alabama RBs and DeMarco Murray sharing the backfield. If I have a chance to pick up Derrick Henry I’m doing it.
- Lots of QBs looked good this week including Blake Bortles, Ryan Tannehill, RGIII, Tyrod Taylor. Some in this group not named Bortles will surprise and be a top 10 QB this year. Good luck picking which one.