Evaluating rookie prospects does not have to be hard, let us do the work for you and give you one metric, the Dynasty MetriX (DMX) score to help you. The Dynasty Rookie Draft Guide uses our proprietary Dynasty MetriX database of statistics unmatched in the dynasty content world. Membership to Dynasty Football Fan gives you access to premium content on the site as well as access to the 2017 Dynasty Rookie Draft Guide, our unique rankings based on the DMX framework and the 2017 Prospect Fact Sheets. The Dynasty MetriX (DMX) score represents a quantitative approach to evaluating NFL rookies built on Dynasty Football Fan’s revolutionary database with statistics going back to 2001. Offensive skill positions are evaluated on 23 metrics and ranked based on:
- Athleticism Scores including speed, agility, power and strength – 10 metrics evaluated and combined into four powerful scores that relate to a prospects athleticism from combine or pro-day performance
- Market value of draft position – Market value is an important consideration in evaluating prospects. Why do we incorporate draft position? NFL teams go to extreme lengths to vet these players and understand and rank their value to the team and then choose accordingly. Imbedded in that choice (and therefore that draft position) is both a very real approximation of the value of the player and a ton of research that goes well beyond the layperson’s capabilities. NFL teams have armies of security people, scouts, coaches, player personnel directors scouring every piece of information available for each player in the draft.
- Age-weighted production including yardage and TDs – 12 metrics evaluated including rushing, receiving and combined yardage and TD performance in relation to your team’s total performance on the same metrics. All of this is then age-weighted to show identify great performance by young prospects.
For only $9.99 you get an exclusive premium section filled with database-focused content on Dynasty Football Fan. You will also have access to the 2017 Dynasty Rookie Draft Guide which provides 28 pages of statistical output on rookies that will help you dominate your draft, win consistently and stay on top of your league for the long term. The draft guide includes:
- Rookie DMX scores compared to historic rookies back to 2001 (17 years!)
- Position by Position Draft Strategies
- Draft Class Strength
- Historical Rookie Hit Rates
- Complete Rookie Rankings and Commentary
- Comparison of last 5 draft class’s DMX scores
Version 3 of our 2017 Dynasty Rookie Draft Guide is now published on the site and ready for you. This final 2017 edition includes all available combine metrics, pro-day metrics, draft positions as well as an updated age calculation to the 1st decimal for a more exact calculation.